Unique natural beauty of exceptional interest.
The impressive crater in the center of the island and the typical traditional charm of the seaside village won’t leave you indifferent.
Nissyros, island of pure beauty, never fails to impress its visitors. This tiny island is reached after a one hour boat trip from Kardamena. Its particularity lies in its active volcano set in a moonlike environment. You can go down into the crater to observe from close by the beautiful yellow crystals created by the sulphurous steam escaping the holes in the bottom.
Besides the volcano, Nissyros also has a very authentic and peaceful side that you will explore at your own rhythm. Mandraki, the capital town, is a labyrinth of picturesque white houses in the middle of narrow pebbled streets and squares. A visit to the Monastery of Panagia Spyliani is also definitely worth. It takes 129 steps to get there but as it is located on top of the village you will have stunning views over Nissyros and the surrounding islands.
- Duration of the tour: approximately 7-8 hours
- What to bring: Suitable footwear, swimwear, hat, sun cream, camera and money for food/drinks/shopping.
- 129 steps to the monastery (optional).
- Quite hot in the crater.
- Persons with health problems (asthmatic, heart problems, respiratory problems...) have to be careful.
- All your personal belongings must be taken from the bus/boat
- Boat trips are operated weather permitting
Kardamena Port- Nissyros - Mandraki
Bus from/to the hotel in Kos, Boat ticket to Nisyros Island, Bus to the volcano (OPTIONAL paid on the spot). English speaking Tour Leader, All taxes.
Gratuities for driver & Tour Leader, Meals or beverages Entrance fees, Personal Expenses, Any service not mentioned.
Wednesday –Saturday (as per 2017)
Excursion is valid for accommodations in the following areas: